Страна Чудес

Because of the miracle of the internet, I'm able to keep a regularly updated personal periodical with no real motive, topic, meaningful knowledge base, or distinctive subject matter. And you just stepped right in it and now it's all over your nice clean shoes.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Okay! So! Drunkenness!


Now, Don't comfuse this with the promise I made earlier about doing a post on drinking. This is a post on drunkenness, which is an entirely different concept.

So, I don't have that much to say here, except that my hiccups are probably throwing my typing off more than my drunkenness would.

BUT, the thing I really want to say, is that [the person who will be referred to as
FRUITAGE] is wrong. This is not to say that he doesn't have some good points, BUT...

[and this is admittedly from limited experience, i.e. having experienced no drugs other than alcohol and caffeiene]

In my [admittedly limited, see above] experience, no artificially altered state of conciousness involves focus. Fruitage's argument is essentially that different perspectives provide focus on areas of conciousness/experience/sensation which are normally out of focus, and therefore help provide a more total frame of reference for reality.

HOWEVER drunkenness, which is admittedly different from other areas of altered conciousness, doesn't help focus on anything. In fact, it scatters focus that otherwise would be available for the evaluation of experience. I'm not going to claim that it loosens inhibitions or alters the decision making process, since I'm convinced that it doesn't (up until the point of unconciousness, anyway), but it does definitely migrate the conciousness out of the central nervous system and into the peripheral nervous system, and part of that process involves a scattering of both inputs and outputs, and therefore the whole of consciousness.

I don't have any more patience for this now, since I'm drunk and tired, but let my point stand. If anyone chooses to challenge me, they are wrong.

And they all lived happily ever after,

THE END

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home