Страна Чудес

Because of the miracle of the internet, I'm able to keep a regularly updated personal periodical with no real motive, topic, meaningful knowledge base, or distinctive subject matter. And you just stepped right in it and now it's all over your nice clean shoes.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sense, as described through nonsense.

I don't think with my senses. I think behind my eyes. Is that why I return to the same spots so regularly, and retrace so often the same paths? So that I needn't revise my own world of symbols and simple expectations?

What is the pain of a biting insect? It has a great and commanding focus to it, such as can make a single, pulsing point out of a while swath of flesh in the mind. It
shines, it is like a star, a single shining, radiating point, a vast expanse of nothingness set apart by the light which shines behind it, while it itself is no more than the path to the senses.

What if I scratched a star? Which Itch would it kill? And with what hand might I reach it?

What does a city always sound like? Cars, cars, cars. And people, in their cars, occasionally. What was a city before there were cars? Was it the sound of wooden wheels? Of breying draught animals?
Chickens?!

Some sounds, with their persistence, kill our ears-- But it would be arrogance to distinguish which ones.

-FTF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home